On December 4, 2014 The Philippine Star national newspaper reported that Filipino hero, WBO champion, Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao did some impromptu lunchtime preaching at the Court of Appeals, recently (see image). Hard to believe? Read on…
What’s gotten into Pacman? Why, despite a traditional Catholic upbringing, has he recently turned his back on Catholicism? Yes, the gloves are off. It’s time to face the truth…
Clearly, Pacman has seen the light. Let’s get down to basics. Pacman hits the nail on the head when he says, “I always read the Bible”. This alone is the true word of God, which we should obey. Therefore, it’s time to:
- Stop worshipping pictures and statues of Jesus. The birth of God’s Son, Jesus is an important, wonderful event, but it’s time to stop obsessing about the cute little baby Jesus, the “Santo Nino”. It’s a biological trick; all babies are cute. It’s ridiculous to focus exclusively on the infant Jesus, because His great deeds and teaching came after He was baptized as an adult, when he was about 30. Wake up! It’s time to stop focusing on what He may have looked like, and focus on what He teaches us. The worship of pictures, statues and idols and crucifixes is against the Ten Commandments.
- Stop putting Mary above Jesus. Sure, Mary was an honored woman to be chosen by God to give birth to His Son. But she was a mortal. Wake up! She is dead. It is absurd to give her more importance than the living, risen Son of God. Jesus lived and died to cleanse and abolish our sins. He conquered death, and lives forever. He is the Savior. He is the living Lord God, to whom we should pray whenever we can.
- Stop praying to or for the dead. It is strongly forbidden in the Bible. Those who have died in sin are destined for the fires of Hell. Those who died and truly believe are destined for Heaven with Jesus. Wake up! To pray for them is to imply that Jesus cannot take care of them, which is very insulting, and an abomination to Him. Praying to the dead is very ungodly, and has its roots in witchcraft and the occult.
- Stop believing that a man known as a “Pope”, selected by a very, very rich consular state in a distant country in Europe, has the right to act as the personification or “vicar” of Christ on Earth. Hello! Wake up! The risen Jesus is alive! He does not need a human imitator. To imply otherwise is to belittle Jesus Christ, which is a serious blasphemy.
- Stop believing that a priest in a confession box can forgive sins. The Bible is quite clear; Jesus is the only one who forgives sins when you confess to Him privately, in prayer. To suggest that a man can forgive sins on behalf of Jesus is blasphemy.
- Purgatory: Stop believing that a priest can help your loved ones to reach Heaven after they have died. Wake up! There is no such place as “purgatory”. If there were, it would be mentioned in the Bible. It is very evil for the Roman Catholic institution to accept money in exchange for these false “prayers”. No wonder the Vatican is so rich! A place in Heaven is given by grace through faith ONLY, during a person’s life, not after death. It’s too late then!
- Ignore RCI priests’ advice not to read the Bible, claiming that it will “confuse you”. Wake up! They don’t want you to read the Bible, in case you discover the truth!
If you are a Catholic… Hello! Can you not see for yourself that from birth you have been indoctrinated with a whole pack of lies? Have you ever wondered why there is such a strong correlation between Catholicism and countries where corruption and crime is more-or-less the norm? Look at most of South America, for a start… violence, drugs, prostitution.
Let’s allow Pacman to have the last word: “I drank, I womanized, I was gambling. I was not ashamed. That was my life before. I was not a godly person”. He explains how his life changed after converting from Catholicism to evangelical Christianity.
“I always read the Bible”
Manny Pacquiao repents from his Catholic days, and speaks of the requirements to enter Heaven and have everlasting life, and how there is only one requirement: “Everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have everlasting life” John 6, v. 40
So, what you need TO DO is to believe in Jesus, in the way that the Scriptures say.
You need to turn away from your sin and obey the Word of God. To know the real Living Jesus is to know the Truth which is the Word of God. The first obedience is to get baptized in water to realize your new true Faith. Contact a “bible-true” church, such as us, and we will help you in your decision to start walking the Narrow Path to the Narrow Gate of Heaven.
Bible references from New Living Translation (NLT):
Points 1 & 2
Exodus 20:1 Then God gave the people all these instructions: 2 “I am the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt, the place of your slavery. 3 “You must not have any other god but me. 4 “You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. 5 You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me. 6 But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands.
10 For example, never sacrifice your son or daughter as a burnt offering. And do not let your people practice fortune-telling, or use sorcery, or interpret omens, or engage in witchcraft, 11 or cast spells, or function as mediums or psychics, or call forth the spirits of the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord. It is because the other nations have done these detestable things that the Lord your God will drive them out ahead of you. 13 But you must be blameless before the Lord your God.
John 15:26 “But I will send you the Advocate[a]—the Spirit of truth. He will come to you from the Father and will testify all about me.
1 John 1:9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
Manny has actually followed the commandment of Jesus and especially when it comes to this:
Revelation 18:4 Then I heard another voice calling from heaven, “Come away from her, my people. Do not take part in her sins, or you will be punished with her”.
If you are in any doubt of who is “her”, read Revelation 17, and Jesus will open your eyes; it is the Roman Catholic Institution.
The Word of God does not say:
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be A GOOD CATHOLIC, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
no, no, no – JESUS SAY:
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.